Best Telecom NZ, Scam alerts
Scammers are always changing their approach, so when we become aware of a new and reoccurring type of scam or a new tactic scammers are using, we’ll add info about it below.
While this list can help you identify scam activity, there may be other scams that aren’t listed here. Always try to protect yourself from scams by remembering these key things:
- Spark will never contact you out of the blue and do the following:
- Request your password
- Request your credit details
- Threaten to disconnect your broadband
- Tell you that you’ve been hacked
- Request access to your personal computer or laptop
- Avoid calling back numbers you don’t recognise
- If you’re unsure whether the call is genuine, the best thing to do is hang up
Select Report a scam to notify us of scams. Report a scam
Tired of scam calls?
Spark’s Call Screen home phone can help block scammers from getting through to you. Select Call Screen to learn more. Call Screen