Provides a personal answering service if your phone line is busy or you can't get to the phone. You don't need extra equipment like answering machine tapes, and you also get greater flexibility on Call Waiting if you don't want to interrupt your call, let MessageBank take your message.
MessageBank is available on most tone phones throughout Australia or any HomeLine services provided on the NBN.
- An answering service for your fixed phone
- Stores 60 x 5 min messages
- Saves unplayed messages for 14 days
- Saves played messages for 7 days
- Message Retrieval is free from your home phone.
- The first time you call your MessageBank service, voice prompts will guide you through recording your personal greeting and setting a PIN.
- Follow the prompts to set up your mailbox.
- You will not need to enter the PIN when calling your MessageBank from your home phone but you will need it if calling from another fixed or mobile service
- To access MessageBank from the phone its connected to:
Press [1 | 0 | 1] or [1 | 2 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 1] and, if prompted, [MessageBank PIN | #]
- To access MessageBank from another fixed or mobile phone within Australia:
Press [1 | 2 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 2] and, when prompted, [Mailbox number | #] (which is your phone number including area code) and [MessageBank PIN | #]
- To access MessageBank from services connected to some PABX's or to other carriers:
Call 1800 135 102
- To access MessageBank from phone services in other countries:
Call +61 418 707 102 or your Telstra Telecard's access number, the card number and [PIN] and followed by [1 | 2 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 2] (then your [Mailbox number | #] and [MessageBank PIN |#])
Your messages will play automatically when you call MessageBank.
After listening to your messages, you can:
- Press  to replay the message
- Press [2 | 2] to call the person back*
- Press  to delete the message and go to the next one
MessageBank automatically stores all your new messages for 14 days, and for seven days once you've played them (unless you delete them first).
You'll have storage for up to 60 messages of up to five minutes each.
Knowing who's called
If a caller listens to your personal greeting, then hangs up without leaving a message, you can still get their number (as long as it wasn't blocked or silent).
- Press  for Main Menu
- Press  for Mailbox Set-up
- Press  for Mailbox Options
- Press  for Hang Up Messages, then choose ON
MessageBank can store numbers for up to 5 Hang Up Messages at a time.
*Standard call charges apply. Does not apply to Telstra Talking messages.
Changing Your PIN and/or Greeting
The PIN can be changed at any time and, if you prefer the added security of PIN protection when calling MessageBank from your home phone, the settings can be changed as follows:
Call MessageBank and press  to access the Main Menu, then:
- Press  for the Setup menu, then
- Press  for the PIN Change menu, then
- Press  to change the PIN OR
- Press  for Security Settings, then
- Press  to turn Optional PIN OFF.
When Optional PIN is off, you will need to enter your PIN whenever you call your mailbox.
When Optional PIN is on, your PIN will only be required when calling your mailbox from another fixed phone or a mobile.
You'll know you have new messages as soon as you pick up your phone because you'll hear a special 'interrupted' dial tone.
Or, if you get one of our T1000C or CR2000 rental phones, the special flashing message indicator will let you see if you've got new messages at a glance. Contact us to find out more.
You can also get a text message sent to your Telstra mobile whenever someone leaves you a new message.
To turn SMS Message Notifications on:
Dial [1 | 2 | 5 | 1 | 0 | 1], select  from the menu [Follow prompts]
Anytime you're using MessageBank, you can:
- Press  to Return to Main Menu
- Press [*] to Cancel and Go Back one menu level
- Press  for Help
And when you're listening to your messages, you can:
- Press  to Go Back to the start of the message
- Press  to Go Back 8 seconds
- Press  to Go Forward 8 seconds
- Press [3 | 3] to Fast Forward to the end of the message
- Press  to Skip to the next message
- Press  to Pause a message while it is playing
- Press  to Resume again.
Changing The Time Before MessageBank Answers The Call
Your unanswered calls are usually forwarded to MessageBank after 20 seconds, or about seven rings. However, you can change this to anything from five to 60 seconds.
Changing The Time Before A Call Is Forwarded
[lift receiver | * | 9 | 9 | Time in seconds | # | phone down]
Anything Else I Need To Know
MessageBank is available in most areas in Australia. A monthly access charge applies.
If you use dial-up internet access, make sure you clear your MessageBank messages first. Otherwise the special 'interrupted dial tone' may not be recognised by your modem.